Speaker Series: Never Give Up! Minoru Yasui and the Fight for Justice
Minoru Yasui, son of Japanese immigrants, challenged the Curfew Order promulgated by General John L. DeWitt, which applied to all German aliens, all Italian aliens, and all PERSONS of Japanese ancestry, and spent the remainder of his life advocating for, and mentoring, under-represented peoples. He was a lifelong defender of equal justice and civil rights for all.
Volume 69, Issue 8
- Commander's Column
- Community News
- Annual NVC Summer Cookout
- NVC Annual Golf Tournament Highlights
- Issei & Nisei Monument: "Okagesamade -- I am what I am because of you"
- NVC Hosts 7th Infantry Division and Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces
- Medicare Annual Enrollment is Coming
- Obituary: Louise Kashino Takisaki
- IDEC Offers Free First Aid / CPR / AED Classes at NVC Hall
- Speakers Series to Change Schedule this Fall
- NVC Memorial Hall - Monthly Open House
- SAVE-THE-DATE: NVC Veterans Day Event
- SAVE-THE-DATE: A Tribute to Norm Mineta
- NVC TAPS
- NVC Donations
- NVC Foundation Donations
- NVC Foundation Scholarship Fund Donations
- Endowment Fund Donations
- NVC Membership
- NVC Foundation Membership
- SPEAKER SERIES SPECIAL EVENT AD: Never Give Up!