Nominations are now open for all officer and board member positions. Nominations may be sent to email@example.com
Please be advised that the NVC Foundation Officer and Board Member elections will take place on February 28, 2020, at our normally scheduled monthly meeting.
- The Current NVC Foundation Board of Directors will serve as the Nominating Committee, per our bylaws.
- The Nominating Committee will work to recruit nominees and present its report at the January 31 General Meeting.
- At the January 31, 2020 meeting, we will open to nominations from the floor. This will allow the Nominating Committee to meet with the nominees prior to February and the Board to approve the slate.
- At the February meeting, for those open positions without nominees, we will open the floor for further nominations prior to the elections.
We invite you to join in this election process by nominating yourself or another member for election to an Officer and/or Board of Director position of the NVC Foundation. Interested members should contact the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility – all nominees must:
- Maintain a current membership in the NVC Foundation
- Uphold the values of the NVC Foundation
- Attend a minimum of 80% of Board meetings annually (in-person preferred; conference call options available)
- Display a clear understanding that the NVC Foundation is a membership driven 501©3 nonprofit organization
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate as a “working board” member; a willingness to actively participate in committee work and/or special projects with the objective of moving the organization forward
Current Officer and Board of Director Positions:
Current Officers for 2019-2020:
*Please note: “Any two or more offices may be held by the same person, except the President and Secretaries.”
• President*: Warren Higa
• 1st Vice President: David Fukuhara
• 2nd Vice President: Bridgette Takeuchi
• Treasurer: P. J. Sugamura
• Recording Secretary*: Geri Lynne Egeler
• Corresponding Secretary*: Shizue Kaku
• Past President: Elaine Ishihara
Members-at-Large for 2019-2020:
The Board shall consist of no less than 10 and no more than 17 director positions.
To reiterate the Timeline:
- Prospective nominees will be asked to meet with one of the Nominating Committee members prior to the January 31 General Meeting.
- The Nominating Committee will present an initial report of Officers and Board members at the General Meeting on January 31.
- Nominations from the floor will be entertained for any and all positions at the January 31 General Meeting.
- Prospective nominees from these nominations will be asked to meet with one of the Nominating Committee members after the January General Meeting.
- The Nominating Committee will present a final slate of Officers and Board members at the General Meeting on February 28.
- Nominations from the floor will be entertained for any remaining open positions at the February 28 General Meeting.
- Elections will be held at the February General Meeting on February 28.
Interested members, please contact the Nominating Committee at email@example.com