The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) did not recruit Japanese Americans for the Special Agent position until 1965. Don Tokunaga was fortunate to have been the second Japanese American recruited by J. Edgar Hoover for the Special Agent position.
Highlights from Don's 20 year career will include working for the former Director, J. Edgar Hoover, the Martin Luther King assassination, the Anti-Vietnam war confrontations in the USA, the civil rights conflict at Wounded Knee, South Dakota, Organized crime, Domestic Terrorism and Tampering of consumer products in Washington State.
Volume 68, Issue 3
- Commander's Column
- Community News
- Speaker Series: Shane Sato - The Go for Broke Spirit, Portraits of Courage
- 2018/2019 NVC Officers & Executive Committee
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- The General's Messenger
- SPC Mark Yamane Honored at USO Northwest SeaTac Center
- GiveBIG to NVC Foundation!
- Troops Offer Thanks for sending them a Cup of Joe!
- NVC/WAC Scholarship Awarded to Emily Ko
- 2018 High School & College Student
- John's Old Man's Dream
- Letter from Rachel Mason
- NVC TAPS
- NVC Donations
- NVC Foundation Donations
- NVC Scholarship Fund Donations
- Endowment Fund Donations
- NVC Foundation Membership
- SAVE-THE-DATE: Memorial Day
- SAVE-THE-DATE: NVC Chow Mein Dinner
- April Speaker Series Ad: Don Tokunaga - FBI Special Agent
- Japan Fair 2018 - Friends of Japan Gala
- 2018/2019 NVC Foundation Officers & Board Members